Internships at Fulbright Belgium
Note: now accepting applications for Summer 2014.
The Fulbright Commission in Belgium offers unpaid internships year round. This is a rolling application process. Those interested should send a one page cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadlines for internships:
February 1st 2014 for Summer interns
The US-Belgium Fulbright Commission was established in 1948 to promote and support educational exchange between the United Stated and Belgium and Luxembourg in order to enhance mutual understanding and strengthen relations between the two countries. It is one of over 50 bi-national commissions worldwide. In countries where there is no Commission, the Fulbright program is run out of the U.S. embassy.
The Fulbright Commission promotes educational exchange through its:
- Fulbright Awards Program, which is a reciprocal program between the US & Belgium; providing scholarships for post-graduate study and scholarships and fellowships for lecturing and/or research
- Advising Center, which provides information and unbiased advice on all aspects of the US educational system. Fulbright makes awards through open competition to outstanding graduate students who demonstrate leadership qualities; and to potential and established leaders of professional, academic and artistic excellence who are recognized in their field.
Fulbright is responsive to the needs of the changing world. It is an investment in the future.
Funding Fulbright – there are three main areas either direct funding through the US & Belgian Governments, Company Sponsorship and individual sponsorship/donations.
The Board of Directors for Fulbright Belgium is made up of representatives from both the US and Belgian governments and other nominated people.
The Intern will work in close cooperation with the Executive Director, Ms. Erica Lutes. Main Duties & Responsibilities will be:
- Operating the US embassy’s Educational Advising Center
- Social media resources (Facebook, website, Youtube)
- Assisting with the scholarship competitions
- Research projects on different fields of study
The successful candidate should have the following requirements:
- experience with applying to US institutions at the undergraduate or graduate level
- willingness to help Belgian students understand the US education system
- be interested in running a small business, working for an NGO and international diplomacy
- it would be helpful to have: basic knowledge in excel, familiarity with social media platforms,basic knowledge of one of the official languages in Belgium
More videos with interns who worked at the Fulbright Commission in Belgium:
Claire Novak: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcJ-ioE4v3s
Tom Etienne: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEtsvv4e3BU
Leila Elabaddy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ4qxeG342E
Alexandra Kelley: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSfmqef5yKw
Nathan Rehr: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH3fM0tMU90
Casey Holliday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEVq21ZmLqo
Caroline Johnson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alo5v8M0ZBQ
Ian Gorecki: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gubrhiq_YHw
Poorvie Patel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pt3ewtSnH4
Bilitis Harrache: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLn5RGvSxvQ