The Commission’s Advising Center is part of EducationUSA, a global network of more than 450 information centers throughout the world. Our Advising Center offers information about undergraduate and graduate level studies, professional programs and intensive English courses. In addition to maintaining a large collection of materials from U.S. institutions, we also produce guide books that help prospective students understand the American higher education system, admissions requirements, application procedures and financial aid options. To assist students with their preparations, we supply registration bulletins and practice materials for standardized tests, as well as reference books and writing guides for college applications.
While our primary focus is American higher education, we also offer limited information about primary and secondary education, youth exchange programs and internships.
We are a small office and the fall is a busy season for outreach and advising. Please consult the website and email before coming in for an advising appointment, as many questions can be answered through our online resources.
Please note that Fulbright Belgium is a by appointment-only advising center.
Email is the best way to get in touch with our office: email@example.com
Telephone inquiries: Monday through Thursday from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm (02/519/57.72).
Please make sure that you have made an appointment before visiting our offices.
Royal Library Albert I, 3rd Floor.
Boulevard de l’Empereur, 4, Keizerslaan.
* Kindly email ahead so we can anticipate your visit.
The center is located in the Royal Library, 300 meters from the Central Station
Koningsplein Bus: 29, 60, 63, 65, 66, 71
Metro: Gare Central/Centraal Station
Tram: 92,93,94 Place Royale Koningsplaats
View Larger Map
- Details and application forms for Fulbright Scholarships.
- Advice and information about undergraduate studies (Bachelor’s degree programs), graduate level studies (Master’s and Doctoral degree programs) and specialized fields (e.g. business, medicine and law).
- In cooperation with EducationUSA, we offer international student handbooks to assist with selecting institutions, preparing applications, writing personal statements and preparing for your departure to the United States.
- For the certification-procedure for copies or translations of your academic documents, there will be a charge of 20 euros for an initial certification and an additional 2 euros per page for additional copies. We ask students to either do the translation themselves or have this done by an official translator. We certify these translations as well as copies of original diplomas. It can take a week to have these certificates looked into and stamped but kindly allow for more time should the office be closed or the adviser out of the office.
- Registration bulletins for standardized admissions tests, including the TOEFL, IELTS, GRE, SAT and GMAT.
- Preparation materials and practice books for admissions tests (TOEFL IELTS, GMAT, GRE, SAT). If you want to borrow a book, we require a deposit of 25 euros. Books can be borrowed for up to 3 weeks.
- Reference guides for finding English language programs across the United States.
- Lists of organizations that offer youth exchange programs and internship opportunities. Please see Other Possibilities in the United States.
- Computer workstations with Internet access for searching university web sites and preparing on-line applications.
- General information about obtaining student and scholar visas to the United States. Note: All formal visa applications are processed by the Consular Section of the United States Embassy to Belgium
- Our Center provides accurate, unbiased information about the full range of accredited U.S. higher education institutions
- Proctoring exams (20 euros/hour)
For more information on State Department approved agencies sponsoring au pair opportunities and other exchanges, please see: http://j1visa.state.gov/
or contact the Educational Adviser: firstname.lastname@example.org
VOLUNTEER AND INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
For volunteer and internship opportunities at the Fulbright Commission please contact email@example.com
TEST PREPARATION BOOKS
The following test preparation books are available for loan in the Advising Center:
– ETS 2007
– ETS 2007
– The Princeton Review 2011
– The Princeton Review with disk 2013
– ETS TOEFL with disk 2013
– ETS Propell Workshop 2012
– Kaplan GRE 2011-2012
– Kaplan GRE 2010-2011
– Barron’s New GRE 2011
– ETS Quantitative Reasoning GRE Workbook 2013
– ETS Revised General Tests
– REA GRE Physics
– Complete Idiot’s guide to Acing the GRE
– ETS Practicing to take the GRE General Test 10th Edition
– ARECO GRE/GMAT Math Review 6th Edition
– Princeton Review 2010
– Barrons 23rd edition 2007
– Mc Graw Hill’s SAT 2008
– The College Board’s Official SAT study Guide 2006
4) SAT II
– The Princeton Review SAT 2009- 2010 (4)
– Literature Subject Tests
– Mc Graw Hill’s GMAT 2008 with disc
– Barron’s GMAT 2007- 2008 Edition with disc
– Kaplan GMAT Workbook 2004
– GMAT Review (12th edition)
– Mc Graw Hill’s ACT 2012
– IELTS Study Guides 2009-2010
– Kaplan GED Study Guide 2014