The Commission for Educational Exchange between the United States, Belgium, and Luxembourg has administered approximately 4,000 scholarships to Belgian, European, and American citizens to pursue opportunities of international educational and cultural exchange since opening its doors in 1948. These grants generally vary in financial value and cover costs associated with study, research, and/or lecturing at the graduate (Master’s or Ph.D) or post-doctoral level at accredited universities and think tanks. American citizens apply for these awards through the Institute of International Education or the Council of International Exchange Scholars, while Belgian and European citizens apply directly through the Commission.
Regardless of nationality, all Fulbright recipients generally submit clear, creative, and feasible project proposals and demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Outstanding academic background
- Admission/invitation to an accredited university or think tank
- Ambassadorial qualities necessary for educational and cultural exchange
- Interest in contributing to the Fulbright and Fulbright Alumni networks
- Willingness to return to their country of citizenship to share their newfound knowledge
You can find all the grants we offer below: