Fulbright Scholarships for the Senior Specialists Program
This program is designed as a short-term complement to the traditional Fulbright Senior Scholar Program and will provide Belgian/Luxembourg institutions with U.S. academic or professional specialists for periods of two to six weeks. Possible activities for which a scholar can be requested, either by name or by academic speciality, include:
• presenting lectures at the university or post-university level;
• participating or leading seminars or workshops at your institution;
• conducting needs assessments, surveys, or institutional or programmatic research
• taking part in specialized academic programs and conferences;
• consulting with administrators and instructors of post-secondary institutions on faculty development
• developing and/or assessing academic curricula or educational materials
• conducting teacher training programs at the university level.
Deadline: Applications are accepted year-round and should be submitted at least four months before the anticipated arrival of the specialist in Belgium.
AVAILABLE FIELDS: For this year, individuals in the following fields may be requested: anthropology/archeology, business administration, communications and journalism, economics, education, environmental science, information technology, law, library science, peace and conflict resolution, political science, public administration, public/global health, sociology, social work, U.S. studies (e.g., art, art history, dance, history, literature, music, popular culture, theatre, women’s studies, general U.S. Studies) and urban planning.
FUNDING: The U.S. Government will pay for international travel and provide a daily honorarium of $200 to the U.S. specialist selected. The Belgian host institution will be asked to cost-share the program by providing lodging, meals and in-country travel.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: If you would like to request an academic or professional specialist for a period of two to six weeks for projects as outlined above, please contact the Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to receive the materials. The request will be forwarded to Washington for the matching and selection process. Requests will be honored depending on the availability of funding and on the availability of an appropriate U.S. specialist.
APPLICATION TIMELINE FOR SENIOR SPECIALISTS:
Applications are accepted year-round and should be submitted at least four months before the anticipated arrival of the specialist in Belgium.